(OregonLive) Medical marijuana advocates continue to protest the high fees participants in Oregon’s program have had to pay for the past year, including a $200 annual charge for renewing a marijuana card. That’s double the previous rate and, when combined with other program fees, is enough to drive some people out of the program entirely, as reported Monday by The Oregonian’s Noelle Crombie.
Should Oregonians feel bad about this? A little, maybe.
Should lawmakers reduce fees to previous levels as soon as possible? No. In fact, you could argue that what has happened to the medical marijuana program is exactly what those who’d like to loosen the state’s marijuana laws even further claim to want: The state’s using pot to generate revenue.
- iwatchmoviess reblogged this from weedporndaily
- egalitarianscum likes this
- kr0nic-kush likes this
- ifweallhadabong-weed-allgetalong likes this
- certifiedcathead reblogged this from tardissr
- tardissr reblogged this from weedporndaily and added:
- moneybyanymeanshhgang reblogged this from weedporndaily
- specialbr0wnie likes this
- kodajo reblogged this from weedporndaily
- chewyourface likes this
- fromstarstostarfish likes this
- thesilentsun likes this
- findlove-again likes this
- weedporndaily posted this