A flamboyant, longtime advocate of marijuana legalization was acquitted Thursday of drug-related charges, even after admitting that he had a pound in his car when a New Jersey state trooper stopped him two years ago in Mount Holly.
Ed Forchion, known widely as “NJ Weedman,” told a Burlington County jury that he holds a license to use medical marijuana in California and needs the drug to alleviate pain associated with bone cancer.
He is believed to be the first to use such a defense in a criminal case in New Jersey.
“I’m not a weirdo anymore; I’m a hero,” a jubilant Forchion said after the jury found him not guilty of possessing marijuana with the intent to distribute. “Other patients should use the Weedman defense.”
- dontberudejustskood likes this
- jbellrulez likes this
- speedletheweedle likes this
- nightlypost reblogged this from weedporndaily
- dtownsfinest reblogged this from weedporndaily
- dtownsfinest likes this
- skate-and-destroy69 likes this
- kittensandweedandchicks likes this
- bestofthewest likes this
- mellowskyys reblogged this from weedporndaily
- poeticdisposition reblogged this from weedporndaily
- cloudkush reblogged this from weedporndaily
- lifesfullofadventures likes this
- nicolefarbeyonddriven reblogged this from weedporndaily
- dubsideofthemind likes this
- misterkidnothing likes this
- curseofthecatpeople likes this
- thebongbros likes this
- geometricuniverse reblogged this from weedporndaily
- naturalanomaly likes this
- midgetstruckgold reblogged this from weedporndaily and added:
- putridfilth likes this
- midgetstruckgold likes this
- enrightttt likes this
- weedporndaily posted this
WPD is supported by super stoners like you! Any and all donations are greatly appreciated.
Of Bills Paid