(420Times) The lifting of a court injunction against Montana SB 423 will result in almost 5,600 medical marijuana patients being thrown off the qualifying list, slightly more than previously thought. Which means even more people in Montana are back to square one when it comes to getting their medicine.
A recent press release from Bob Brigham of ”Patients for Reform, Not Repeal” spells out the details.
Patients are Losing Legal Status and Providers;
Suffering Patients Plead for Voters to Oppose IR-124
HELENA, Oct. 24 – State data show that 5,598 patients will now lose their status as registered, legal medical users of marijuana.
As the state fully implements Senate Bill 423 after a June 2011 injunction was lifted by the state Supreme Court yesterday, the vast majority of currently legal patients are losing their rights.
Bob Brigham, campaign manager for Patients for Reform, Not Repeal, said, “This new action by the state is like a spike in the heart to thousands of suffering patients. Only now is the full, devastating impact of SB 423 becoming apparent. It’s hurting the very kinds of patients Montana voters most want to help.”
“The only good news,” Brigham added, “is that this heartless, unworkable law is on the ballot and voters can do something about it. On IR-124, voting against SB 423 will help patients and force the Legislature to develop better regulation.”
- mushroomomens reblogged this from weedporndaily and added:
- astro-stoner reblogged this from weedporndaily
- asdf2012asdf likes this
- ayoo-josee reblogged this from weedporndaily
- skies-fuck-you reblogged this from weedporndaily
- rob1337 reblogged this from weedporndaily
- dyke0nabyke reblogged this from weedporndaily
- crystalbaysingcosmonaut reblogged this from weedporndaily
- 843pothead reblogged this from weedporndaily
- troisfois reblogged this from weedporndaily
- myopinionssuck likes this
- bullyh0liday likes this
- weedporndaily posted this
WPD is supported by super stoners like you! Any and all donations are greatly appreciated.
Of Bills Paid