(HIGHTIMES) Cook Ashley Boudreaux devised this BBQ sauce recipe that’s perfect for grilling out and getting stoned this Memorial Day. Simply smother any meat, vegetable, or tofu in it, then chow down and wait for the ganja-infused fireworks to follow!
Makes 2 cups
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- 10 grams commercial-grade cannabis (or 5 grams high-grade), finely ground
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Juice of 1 small lime 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¾ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup apricot nectar (you can substitute pineapple or mango juice)
- ¼ cup water
In a Crock-Pot, combine oil, cannabis, green onion, lime juice, and water and cook at no more than 200°F for at least 90 minutes — the “keep warm” setting will probably do the trick. Add apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, tomato paste, garlic, dark brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne pepper, honey, ground ginger, apricot nectar, and water. Mix well, and simmer very gently on the medum setting for an additional 35 to 45 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Getting a good, solid stone takes no more than 3 to 4 tablespoons per person. Use it for basting, dipping, or as a condiment on burgers and other sandwiches. Refrigerate after use and it will keep for up to a week.
Recipe from Ashley Boudreaux
WPD is supported by super stoners like you! Any and all donations are greatly appreciated.
Of Bills Paid